Collaboration – success and frustration

Standard

I have now finished the RBL project with my year 9 class and feel that it is important to reflect on the outcome. First, the successes: students did learn more about their assigned poems and from student feedback most really enjoyed working in groups and thought that learning google documents was a very useful IT skill to assist them in completing the task at home and will also assist them in completing future group tasks in almost any subjects.

The areas in need of improvement? I think that we needed to break the task down into smaller component parts and be more specific in assigning roles to group members. I wanted to provide students with an overview and marking criteria at the start of the task, however, this was not possible due to the uncertainty of exams, students absences and yes lack of collaborative time.

Overall, I enjoyed the task as did most students, however, I have learnt a lot and will make some changes next time.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s